14 February 2010
Happy Valentines day to all our friends and loved ones. Hope you feel God's loving arms surround you.
This has been a great week. Monday morning Sister Spencer came over so I could teach her how to crochet. She learned a little many years ago but wanted to try to learn again. She was having a hard time seeing with her glasses so we didn't get very far but enjoyed visiting anyway. While I was visiting with Sister Spencer Lynn went to his last doctor's appointment after his surgery. The doctor said he was doing great and gave him the go-ahead on lifting more than 20 lbs. He just needs to be careful.
On Monday evening we had FHE at our house with Lynn giving the lesson. The Shaklee's announced that they would be leaving in a couple of weeks, which is early from their mission. They weren't schedule to leave until the end of March. Elder Shaklee's mother is not doing well and they need to get home to be with her. They are really going to be missed but I'm sure their family will enjoy having them back home.
Things are going well at the temple, but we still have some nights that are a bit slow. Yesterday at the temple I had a special thing happen. I was able to help a young sister, Berenice Montalvo, through the last part of the session who was going through for the first time. She is getting ready to leave on a mission. She will be leaving in the next week or so to attend the MTC in Provo, Utah. I have gotten to know her from the stake choir. She received her call during Christmas time as we were practicing for the special Christmas program we were in. She will be going to the San Francisco/Oakland California Mission. This mission is the neighboring mission to where our son, Jarom and his family live so we were really excited for her. She speaks very good English so I don't think she will have too much trouble. She will make a great missionary.
Saturday night, after we were through with our shift we took Francisco and Inéz Galaviz home. They have invited us to have lunch at their home on Monday and we wanted to learn how to get to their home. Sister Galaviz was one of the first sister's I met at the temple and has been one of my mentor's. She speaks a little English and she helps me a lot. The Galaviz's are at the temple almost as much as we are, serving at least four days a week, sometimes twice a day. Sister Galaviz is the obrera's coordinator on Thursday mornings and they are there every afternoon when we serve except Wednesday. We're excited to be able to visit them in their home this next Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment