Sunday, July 25, 2010

Week 48 from Mexico

25 July 2010

Hola! ¿Cómo esta? ¿Qué hay de nuevo?

Hope you had a great holiday yesterday. I got a message from Citlali Saldaña, who is the young sister at the temple I've mentioned several times before, saying that she got to go to the pioneer day parade on Saturday. Wednesday, when I saw her at the temple she said that it was her last day because she was leaving the next day to go to Utah for about six months and stay with her sister, who leaves in Ogden. She is going to be attending Weber State College to study English. I'm going to miss seeing her at the temple. She has become one of my dear friends at the temple.

Just as things are getting back to normal at the temple, it is now closed for it's two week maintenance cleaning, so we have a two week break. We are thinking to going to Mexico City before our daughter Brin and her husband arrive on August 5th. So, if you don't get a letter next week it will be because we are in Mexico City and I'm not able to write. We'll just see how our plans work out. We spent some time this evening talking with the Hall's about their two trips there and got some good suggestions on what to do. If we go we plan on attending the Mexico City temple. They have patron housing that we are going to see if we can stay in.

Saturday we did get a couple of bus loads of patrons from Reynosa, who haven't been to the temple since the flooding. The morning had been pretty quiet and very light in patron attendance and then the Reynosa group arrived about 11:30am and we were more like our usual busy Saturdays. It was a good thing they brought some temple workers with them because we were very low in our usual temple workers as well.

A couple of times this last week I saw a little visitor in the temple that I'm sure didn't have a recommend. Once was while I was walking through the foyer into the ladies dressing room and the second time was in the small dressing room/bathroom just off from the matron's office. It was a tiny little salmander less than an inch long. President Hall says that they come in through the drains. That has to be true because not too long before that I found one in a sink that I took a picture of. I'll attach a picture of it.

Today I went with Lynn to visit the Acostas, who are a family that he home teachers. Sometimes it is just really hard for him to get together with his companion so I was his substitute. I've mentioned Sister Acosta before. It was her daughter who's baby shower I atttended a few weeks ago. She is also our Relief Society President. We had a very enjoyable visit and I got to see their new grandchild. She was just a tiny little thing, only about two weeks old.

Well, I guess this letter is going to be fairly short, surprisingly. There just hasn't been a lot happening this week to talk about. If we make it to Mexico City I'll have a lot to share next time.

I'm attaching some picture so a tree just outside the entrance to the temple that is pretty much died.  It was looking pretty good after the frost damage it suffered last winter but when we had all the rain with Hurricane Alex there were several trees at the temple that tipped over due to the wet soil and this was one of them.  It was just too much for it to handle and is past hope.  I guess the will be replacing it before too long.

No comments: