6 March 2010
I forgot to mention last week that when we went to the temple on the previous Wednesday, for Lynn to help with the missionary session and for me to go as a patron, we saw the brother who's grandson was kidnapped the previous week. He was looking good and said that his grandson was safe and back with his family. Today in church this brother and his wife and their daughter, the mother of the boy, bore their testimonies in Sacrament meeting, expressing their appreciation for the support of the ward members. The mother, in Relief Society, as we were having a lesson on faith from Elder Scott's last conference address from October 2010, said that when her son was kipnapped she felt very strongly that he was OK and things would be alright. It was her faith in God that helped her to meet this challenge in their lives.
Things are starting to level off again at the temple after two weeks of very active attendance. Thursday morning, we had a group of about thirty brethren attend the morning session at the temple who were here in Monterrey from all over Mexico for some kind of training. Other than when the missionaries come we don't usually have this many men attend and fill up the session. Saturday's attendance was at a more normal level but we were also short of workers so that was a challenge.
I am continuing to work on the project for the Machuca's. I've become somewhat of a secretary for Sister Machuca, as I type into the computer and print out the desired information. Thursday and Friday I spent most of the time printing out the sign-in sheets for the rest of the year so they will be all ready to use. The sisters that work in the office really don't have the time to do what I have been doing because their time is spent in processing the ordinances and helping patrons, plus they are only here in the afternoons. There are no office workers during the mornings, which is sometimes a problem when a patron comes and wants to print out a Family Ordinace request. There's no one to do it. So I guess I've finally found my little nich where I can be of the greatest help, now that we are down to less than five months. President Perales has even used me a couple of times to type and print out some lists that he needed this last week.
No comments:
Post a Comment