Tuesday was our Mission Leaders Council. Since the president had decided to have it at a different place, where the meals were catered, Lynn and I didn’t need to go. I sent the suckers to five of the zones who had turned in their baptismal records on time for the whole month. I also prepared the powerpoint presentation about what was missing so the elders could do that in our place instead of us needing to go.
Christmas is well under way down here. We had our first zone Christmas dinner on Wednesday. Sister Allred went really early to help Sister Richardson prepare food and other things that were needed. We set up a schedule to alternate between us in helping with the zone Christmas dinners but we may just both go most of the time because there is so much to do.
The Christmas cards arrived just in time on Wednesday to send with the president. I kept a few at the office and sent the rest with him. They turned out really nice. But as it turned out he brought them back to the office on Thursday. The elders had found that I had put the wrong picture for one of the missionaries. I used a picture for a missionary by the same name who had gone home instead of the right one. So I spent the rest of the day Thursday replacing it. I used some pre-glued labels and copied off the correct picture onto them. I then went through and replaced the picture. Just as I thought I had fixed it up the elders came in on Friday and showed me a couple of more errors. I had left off Elder Rodriguez who used to be one of the AP’s and had a missionary included who was postponed. So I spent all day Friday putting Elder Rodriguez’s picture in place of the postponed missionary. It took some real doing to make these corrections since I had to figure a way to print them out to be just the right size to fit in the space. But I managed to pull it off. Last year they said that they had do make similar corrections to their Christmas card, also. So I guess it’s bound to happen. My mistake was in not having the office elders go over the card before it was finalized to make sure I had it right to start with. Since we won’t be here next Christmas I’ll have to pass the word along so they won’t make the same mistake I made.
The 6th of December is a big holiday here, something having to do with the founding of Quito. As we were going home on Thursday afternoon the streets were full of people getting ready to celebrate, mostly drinking parties. We could hear the celebrations going on all through the night, including fireworks and honking and music.
As we went in to the office on Friday everything was really quiet, hardly any cars or people on the streets. The office building was closed except for the two mission offices. We left early in the afternoon to get our apartment ready since everyone was coming to our apartment for a Chinese dinner that was ordered from a local Chinese restaurant and picked up by Elders Kaneen and Nuttall. We each ordered something and then we shared the food with everyone. We enjoyed a nice evening with the senior missionaries as we ate the good food and visited.
This afternoon we had our Senior FHE at the Greers. They had us all share our most memorable Christmas. It was nice to hear some of their memories. It made for an enjoyable afternoon. We look forward to watching the Christmas Devotional tonight over the Internet.
No pictures this week.
2 comments:
So, what was your most memorable Christmas?
I remembered the several years that we did the 12 days of Christmas with Brin helping me. Dad remembered the kids waking us up really early. We had to draw the line at no earlier than 6am and having the kids all come into our room waking us up and saying it was time to get up.
Post a Comment