Most of the time this week I’ve just been sitting to the side and letting Sister Williamson call help when she’s having trouble. She is doing pretty well as long as she consults her notes. She even made a movie with Movie Maker and did a collage with Picasa. She prepared packets for the missionaries that were transferred from Peru and Elder Williamson and Lynn took them to apply for their visas. Lynn and I are just basically stepping back and letting them take over.
Tuesday night the Williamsons took Lynn and I to Pizza Hut for pizza since it was two for one. We saw part of the soccer game that the US was playing. Don’t remember who they played. I has been really fun to have the Williamsons here and to talk about some of the people we know.
Friday the Richardsons took Lynn and I to a very nice restaurant, La Ronda, for lunch as a goodbye and thank you for serving with them. Their daughter Andrea was with us. They gave us bookmarks made out of leather with the mission cheer and logo on it and a small book that Sister Richardson has written called “Standing Squarely in the Eye of the Storm”. It’s mainly just some of her thoughts on being ready for the troubled times ahead. I’m excited to read it.
Saturday we spent the day doing more cleaning, mostly we washed all the curtains in the apartment, another thing that I don’t think has been done for a long time. Things are looking better than when we arrived, even though it was not too bad when we came. The carpet is being cleaned early tomorrow morning so we are doing some arranging to get things out of the way.
Today was our last Sunday at church, another one of the lasts. I don’t think most people realized we were leaving. I gave the Sunday School lesson on Psalms. I love the Psalms, especially all the songs that have been based from them.
UPDATE [July 2nd] ON OUR LITTLE CHLOE FROM HER MOTHER, BRIN:
ONE OF OUR MISSION MIRACLES
I'm doing just fine, emotionally as well as physically. I've been blessed with a great deal of peace throughout this experience, and I'm grateful for that.
Chloe is doing very well. Her first morning was the hardest, and everything has progressed as well as or maybe even better than expected. I'm grateful also for my experience with babies in the NICU, so her being there doesn't scare me at all. I'm just happy that they can do so much for her. [Brin has several nieces and nephews who have spent time in the NICU so she was well prepared]
She is breathing almost on her own. They took her off the big ventilator after a day and they've just kept turning down her breathing help. She has been on and off the bilirubin lights, which is normal but good because she hasn't needed them all the time. They keep increasing her tube feedings of breastmilk, which will eventually allow them to take out her big IV. She's now off her first week of "low-stimulation" so we get to hold her for skin-to-skin once a day. She is doing very well.
Oscar is doing pretty well. Having his schedule messed up and teething while all through this has been hard for him, but he's a trooper and a very content child so he's fine. We're trying to give him as much stability as we can. John is back to work now so I stay home with Oscar until evening, when Carol comes to put Oscar to bed and we go to the hospital. Next week I'll try going in to the hospital in the morning a couple times as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment