Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week 49 from Quito Ecuador

Not a whole lot to write about this week.  It’s been a pretty quiet week.  That’s just the nature of it here.  It’s either feast or famine.  Last week there was lots to write about and lots of pictures.  This week there was not much to write about.

It’s been cooler weather here, cool compared to Ecuador but not cold compared to Utah.  It’s been a little rainier, also.  Lynn was able to find a thermostat.  It was one you put on a car dashboard with a compass on it.   It was just to prove to me that the temperature was closer to 70 instead of 60 like I was claiming.  He was right.  It was 69. But, then that was the day after I was freezing in the apartment, three sweaters and three pairs of socks.  I even tried to leave the oven on to warm things up.  So who’s to say he was right.  I think it was colder the day before. But, just saying.

We did learn this week that the visa renewal process has just gotten a bit harder.  We will no longer have Bro. Chammoro to help expedite things.  Each mission has to take care of their own renewals or at least work together to get it done.  This next week Lynn and I have to get our visas renewed so I guess that’s going to be a good practice to help prepare us, or I should say Lynn, to figure out how to do it.  Because of this I had to go through all the paper work and make the necessary changes where needed.  We’ll see how it goes.

This afternoon we had our senior FHE and it was the sisters (Sister Allred and Sister Platts) turn and since it was Sister Allred’s birthday it was based on childhood memories and a guessing game with pictures of us as children.  We learned some interesting things about each other as children and about our philosophies of life.

Sorry no pictures this week.

No comments: