Wednesday Lynn and I, along with one young missionary spent the morning at the government office getting our visas renewed. We also had one missionary who had to get a new visa since he was sent here with a tourist visa. The experience is somewhat like your typical DMV experience, with a lot of waiting. But it’s turned in now and we just have to wait for the process to be completed.
Wednesday afternoon, when the President, the AP’s and the office elders returned to the office after having a zone conference with the Quito Zone, they sang the new mission song for us. The music was written by the Richardson’s son, Matt and the words were written by Hna. Pando.
Here’s a link to the video I took of them singing.
Mission Song
The Kaneens and Segos had to go in on Thursday to get their visas renewed. While they were waiting they met a man who plays with the Ecuador Symphony and found out that they were having a concert on Friday. All the senior missionaries decided to go. It was very enjoyable, especially watching the conductor. He was very expressive and animated in his conducting. The only problem with going to something like this at night is getting a taxi ride home. It took us walking a ways before we could get taxis to stop for us but we all finally made it home.
Here are links to the first part of the first song and the encore number with a close up of the conductor.
Ecuador Symphony Orchestra
Orchestra Conductor
As I mentioned last week Lynn and I were asked to teach a Family History class, well, at least that’s what we thought. I had everything all prepared for the first lesson with a Powerpoint of the quotes and questions in Spanish and both of the videos we were to watch. When we were getting ready to have the class we found out that what they really wanted us to teach was the Marriage and Family Relations Class. I guess it was a misunderstanding and language problem. Since we didn’t have the other lesson prepared I just went ahead and taught the Family History lesson. There were only two class members. Both of them appreciated getting the materials to work on their family history so it wasn’t a complete waste. Next week we, or I should say, Lynn will teach the first lesson of the Marriage and Family Relations class. Since I don’t speak Spanish there won’t be a lot I can do to contribute to the lesson. These will be a lot different types of lessons than the Family History lessons would have been so it will have to be mostly Lynn teaching. Supposedly we will have more in attendance for the class next week.
Our senior FHE was at our apartment this time and I gave the lesson. I had found a recording of several prophets and apostles testifying of Jesus Christ set to music and I added pictures to it to make a video. I shared it with the senior missionaries and we had an nice evening. The stake was having Priesthood meeting this evening. We ended early so some of the elders could go. Since they only announced it at church today some of the couples had SKYPE appointments with children and so the husbands couldn’t go.
Here’s a link to the “Prophets Testify” video
Prophets Testify



No comments:
Post a Comment